Transmutation of the Mother Wound: Rooted Healing for Our Ancestral Mothers, Ourselves and Our Future (3-day retreat)
Transmutation of the Mother Wound: Rooted Healing for Our Ancestral Mothers, Ourselves and Our Future ~3-day retreat
So much of what is happening in the world around us can be tracked down through an initial cultural wound of the emergence of patriarchal systems. Through this, the very source of how we are brought into the world, our Mothers, was systemically stripped of all majesty. Enslaved, related to property, a common marketplace status, this wound leaves with it a legacy of the emergence of other cultural wounds: war, poverty, caste systems, and earth disconnection. As patriarchy became institutionalized it relegated women to end fighting amongst themselves, and attempting to reclaim their power through their children as our ancestral mothers struggled to find some balance of the sovereignty they once knew. Thus grew the what we have come to know as the mother wound.
The mother wound is a matrilineal wound, a burden that manifests in mothers, and is passed on from generation to generation. It’s the pain and grief that grows in a woman as she tries to explore and understand her power and potential in a patriarchal society that doesn’t make room for it, depriving her of her destiny and forcing her to internalize the dysfunctional patterns learned by previous generations of women.
Symptoms of the mother wound include limiting core beliefs which are a form of personal self-sorcery. They include comparison: not feeling good enough, shame: a consistent background sense that there is something wrong with you, attenuation: a feeling you must remain small in order to be loved and a persistent sense of guilt for wanting more than you currently have. Frequently this is manifested as not being your full self because you don’t want to threaten others, having a high tolerance for poor treatment from others, emotional care-taking, feeling competitive with other women, self-sabotage otherwise known as self-sorcery, and being overly rigid, controlling, and judgmental.
Transforming and transmuting the mother wound is an opportunity for healing and for transformation. This does not imply removing or fixing the traumas and scars from our childhood that we all carry. Transformation and transmutation are about slowly developing a new relationship with what is difficult in your life, such that it is no longer a controlling factor. As we engage in this healing process we will slowly remove the layers of projection that keep us stuck and emerge with a clear sense of self and personal destiny.
In this 3-day retreat, we will embark on a transformational journey to the collective healed ancestral mothers where we will:
- Develop a personal relationship with a healed ancestor and guide who will support you as you retrieve vital soul essence and transmute the mother wound into a source of empowerment and sovereignty.
- Explore the ways the mother wound has created burdens on your ancestral lineages and the current ways it impacts you personally.
- Hold space for your elevated ancestors as they are healing the core wounds in your blood lineages
- Receive initiation into the divine feminine for your personal healing and re-connection to the Earth Mother, by way of the feminine through embodied ritual.
- Create a sacred effigy of Our Healed Mothers to hold the prayer for our work
- Compose a personal story: a heroine’s/hero’s tale of emergence through the ancestral burdens to the deep embodiment of your blood lineage gifts.
- Journey as a collective to perform a larger world healing around the cultural wounds of patriarchy.
As we emerge from the collective tending as a tribe of newly initiated women we can expect to have:
- Fluency and honed skills in handling of emotions as they are now seen as a source of wisdom.
- Sovereignty: having healthy boundaries that support you.
- Integration with an inner mother who provides unconditional love, support & comfort to younger parts.
- Self-assuredness: Knowing yourself as competent and open to infinite possibilities
- Renewed compassion for yourself and other people
- Self Validation and the sense of no longer needing approval or permission from others to be you!
- Renewed trust in life to bring you what you need
- Backing from your healed ancestral mothers & with the divine feminine to support you in your life.
- Increased trust in your intuition, your inner compass.
- Become a part of a growing cohort of those who are healing the ancestral mother wound through a dedicated facebook group which provides resources and support.
Group size: Maximum 12 participants.
When: We will call the spirits and open sacred space at 10 am, Friday, October 26th. The workshop ends 4 p.m., Sunday, October 28th.
Tuition: $350 (covers the 3-day workshop and some creative supplies. Lodging expenses are separate and detailed below). Your registration is secured with full payment.
Cancelations for the workshop portion will be refunded in full 30 days in advance of the workshop. If canceling within the 30 days, you may receive a full refund if your space is filled.
If you have any additional questions, or need to make payment through alternate means, please contact Shannon at (706)-612-3816 or through her email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about onsite lodging The Parker Ranch B&B (recommended) www.parkersranch.com to book a room contact Becky directly at (404) 373-0566.
Parker Ranch is a beautiful location nestled in the North Georgia Mountains. There are 9 rooms on sight: One single occupancy with shared bathroom and 8 doubles with bathrooms with which you share with your roommate. The cost for lodging per person is $90 per night which includes your bed and the most amazing breakfast in the morning and an impeccable lunch. The is also a potential of a cabin being available which you will need to check with Becky on the availability.
- $90 per person per night – Double Occupancy (twin bedroom – $90 per person per night): Meaning you’ll share a room with someone and you will each pay $90 per night. If you know someone who’s attending and you’d like to share the room with them, please let Becky know who your roommate will be.
- $145 per person per night – Single Occupancy
- $60 per person per day – non-residential – includes breakfast & lunch: This is for commuters and also for those who might like to pitch a tent. A bathroom will be made available for you to use.
Total Room Fees due at time of registration with Becky directly. Please see the Parker Ranch cancelation policy below.
Cancellation for rooms at Parker Ranch:
> 30 days – 75% refund (*** if we can fill the spot, 90% refund)
< 30 days – 50% refund (*** if we can fill the spot, 90% refund)
For the past five years Shannon has been holding space in Athens, Ga as ritual healing practitioner, teacher and ceremonialist providing holistic approaches to assist in reestablishing balance and personal sovereignty in life, Primarily done through healing sessions and mentoring focused on ancestral lineage healing, soul retrieval, extraction, psychopomp, dream work, ceremonies & rituals, she is rooted in the ancient ways of healing as service to the Earth.
Her current work is informed by culturally specific Earth-honoring and animistic practices studied in depth, specifically within the teaching lineages of her mentors whose backgrounds are in West African Diaspora, Eastern Mysticism, Nepali shamanism, as well as various other diverse indigenous paths, and northern European cultures.
She is an initiate of Ọbàtálá, and Ọ̀ṣun, in the Ifa/Orisa tradition of Yoruba-speaking West Africa, in the lineage of Olúwo Fálolú Adésànyà Awoyadé from Òdè Rẹ́mọ, Ogun state, Nigeria.
She holds a Masters degree in Professional Leadership and Counseling from Louisiana State University at Monroe, with a focus on Depth psychology and Gestalt technique. She has notable experience for 25 years working in the arenas of: trauma, PTSD, depression, anxiety, chronic pain & illness, grief, dreams, empowerment, and social justice issues related to intimate partner violence, diversity, and the oppression of marginalized populations. She is a Karuna and Usui Ryoho Reiki Master/Teacher and completed her 9-month intensive practitioner training in Ancestral Lineage Healing with Dr. Daniel Foor in 2017 and has been hosting monthly ancestor support circles in Athens for 3 years.
For more information on her offerings visit redearthhealing.org or contact her via email at email@example.com or by phone at (706) 612-3816.
Barbara is a community elder, teacher, healer and mixed media artist. She is grateful to live in the woods and work with Spirit and natural materials to create art. As an only child growing up in Macon, Georgia, she spent her time in the exploring the woods and creek, making altars, observing and interacting with insects, reptiles, and animals. This childhood grounded her firmly in her love of the Earth. Barbara came of age in the early 1970’s and was fortunate to be part of a community of artists and healers. In the 1990’s Barbara took numerous spirit based workshops including workshops on death and dying, shamanic practices, Holotropic Breathwork, and earth-based spiritual practices. She was also fortunate to participate in Dr. Elizabeth Sheerer’s dream groups for twenty-three years. During this time Barbara’s art redefined itself, becoming shaped by her spiritual practice. She teaches workshops incorporating guided journeying and natural materials that immerse participants in the creative flow.